With its mild weather and brilliant colors, autumn is a great time to be outdoors. Here is a sample of activities to enjoy during the fall months:
Autumn Special Events
Harvest Home Festival
Historic Longstreet Farm
Longstreet Road, Holmdel
Sunday, September 30 from 11am-5pm
Walnford Road, Upper Freehold
Sunday, October 7 from 11am-5pm
Thompson Park Day
Newman Springs Road, Lincroft
Sunday, October 14 from 11am-5pm
Boat Rentals at the Manasquan Reservoir
Visitor Center, Windeler Road, Howell
Visitors can rent either rowboats (1-hrs $11.68 or 4-hrs $32.71); electric motor powered rowboats (4-hrs $42.99); or kayaks (1-hr single person $13.32 or 1-hr double person $19.16). A $10.00 deposit is required for 1-hour rentals and a $20.00 deposit for 4-hour rentals. Cash or check only please. (Prices do not include sales tax.) Rentals continue through October 31.
Camping at Turkey Swamp Park, Freehold
The campground, open through November 15, provides facilities for tent camping and travel trailers. Of the 64 campsites, 52 can be reserved and 12 are available on a first come, first served basis. All campsites are pull-through with water and electric hookups. The rates per night are as follows - $33 for residents and $37 for non-residents. For information about reservations, please call (732) 462-7286.
The campground also features two cabins. The cost per cabin is $56 a night for a county resident and $66 a night for non-residents.
Golfing at County Park Golf Courses
All Park System golf courses are now open daily through December 23. With five Championship courses, two 18-hole executive courses, and a nine-hole par three course, the Park System is able to accommodate golfers of all skill levels. Automated tee time reservations (after the purchase of an ID card) and information are available 24 hours a day by telephone (732) 758-8383 and online at www.monmouthcountygolf.org.
(All prices updated 8/12)
This autumn be sure to…
- Register for some of our activities that can be found in our Fall Directory.
- View the exhibits at Historic Walnford, Upper Freehold.
- Hike, run or bike our county park trails or sign up for one of our leader led hikes.
- Stroll the beautiful gardens of Deep Cut Gardens to see what's in bloom.
- Arrange a group picnic with friends or family.
- Bring your children to one of our many playgrounds.
- Enjoy the day with your four-legged friend at one of the Park System's off-leash dog areas.
- Take some time to relax and enjoy the colors of autumn at any of the parks.